Tavern in Davos, Switzerland circa 1945
Gift of Dorothy Poitevent, from the Collection of The National WWII Museum
The word "WEISSFLUHJOCH" in large letters across the top of a tavern. "Tavern at top of a ski run high above Davos, Switzerland." Davos, Switzerland. Circa 1945
Theater of Service:
POW / KIA:
Photographs from the service of Dr. George Grant of the 24th General Hospital, who served in North Africa and Italy. According to Tulane University, "The 24th General Hospital, commonly known as the 'Tulane Unit' was composed of personnel from the Tulane School of Medicine and was activated in July 1942. Colonel Walter [Cliff] Royals (Tulane SOM, 1917) was the commanding officer of the Unit. Thirty Tulane medical graduates and ten Tulane faculty members were included in the complement of forty-two medical doctors. The unit served: Fort Benning (July 15, 1942 to August 8, 1943); Bizerte, Tunisia (September 8, 1943 to May 31, 1944); Grosseto, Italy (July 21, 1944 to September 15, 1944); Army headquarters near Florence, Italy (September 21, 1944- ) and Livorno, Italy (June 1, 1945 to June 11, 1945). The 24th General Hospital Unit received the Fifth Army Plaque and Clasp for meritorious service with the Fifth Army. In the First World War Tulane also sponsored a medical unit organized by Dr. Rudolph Matas." See http://digitallibrary.tulane.edu/collection/id/100.
Thesaurus for Graphic Materials:
Add to Collection